Hillsboro Rideshare Accident Attorney
For many people, a motor vehicle is essential for completing daily tasks. However, with car prices rising, many find themselves without the convenience of their own vehicle. Rideshare options like Uber and Lyft allow those without vehicles or who don’t want to drive their own vehicle with another transportation option.
Our Rizk Law rideshare accident lawyers understand the confusing nature of an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver. With legal representation from our team, you’ll have experienced and highly-qualified advice.
Who Is at Fault for an Uber or Lyft Accident in Hillsboro?
Rideshare accidents may be more complicated than a typical two-vehicle car accident. Many people may be held responsible for a rideshare accident, including the following:
- Rideshare driver
- Rideshare service
- Another vehicle
If you are a passenger and your rideshare driver acts irresponsibly, you may be able to hold both the driver and service accountable for your injuries. You may also suffer in an accident due to another person’s actions while in a rideshare vehicle. Regardless of who is responsible, if you are injured and suffer losses, you can seek legal action to hold them accountable for their recklessness.
Causes of Uber and Lyft Accidents in Hillsboro, Oregon
Similar to two-vehicle accidents, a rideshare accident may result from another person’s negligent actions. When you’re suddenly in a dangerous situation due to another person’s carelessness, you have the right to seek compensation. Consider the following common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents in Hillsboro, Oregon:
- Drugs and Alcohol: Whether another driver or your rideshare driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, if they cause you injuries or put you in danger, you have the right to pursue legal action against their behavior.
- Distracted driving: One of the most common causes of accidents is distracted driving. Texting, looking at their phone, switching the radio, and any action that takes the driver’s attention and eyes away from the road is distracted driving.
- Fatigue: Driving long distances and hours may cause anyone to feel tired. It’s up to every driver to make the conscious decision of whether or not they are safe to drive. If they choose to get behind the wheel while tired, they may also be ready for the consequences.
- Ignoring traffic laws: Speeding, making illegal turns, not coming to a complete stop, and many other illegal actions may cause a severe rideshare accident. Every person who gets behind the wheel is responsible for their safety and those around them.
There are numerous causes for someone to act negligently while behind the wheel. However, that does not excuse their behavior, and you deserve to recover compensation and justice for your injuries.
Are Rideshare Accidents Handled Differently than Typical Car Accidents in Hillsboro?
Even though a typical car accident may involve more than one person, a rideshare accident has the potential to include not only drivers but the rideshare service as well. As a result, a rideshare accident may have more complicated elements. However, an experienced attorney will be able to provide you with the compensation you deserve regardless of who is at fault.
The following are a few losses your rideshare accident lawyer in Hillsboro, Oregon may recover in your rideshare accident claim:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical treatment
- Cost of physical therapy
- Lost wages or income
- Property damage
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
When you suffer severe injuries in an accident, you may have to receive long-term medical care and lose the ability to enjoy hobbies you once loved. Those losses should be recognized, and with legal representation from Rizk Law, you’ll have a team of dedicated legal professionals on your side.
How Can a Hillsboro Rideshare Accident Attorney Help You?
With the possibility of many responsible individuals, a Hillsboro rideshare accident lawyer will help you understand what essential steps you must take to receive a successful outcome. The complex medical and legal processes may be difficult for someone without experience to understand. Below are a few examples of the many ways a Hillsboro rideshare accident attorney may help you:
- Answering case-related questions
- Conducting a fair investigation
- Reviewing legal documents
- Analyzing potential legal issues
- Establishing negligence
- Communicating with insurance companies
Without proper legal representation, you may place your rights and compensation at risk. The sooner you speak with one of our team members, the more time we have to investigate and gather the information you need.
Contact a Highly-Qualified Hillsboro Rideshare Accident Lawyer
When you use Uber or Lyft, you place your safety and trust in the driver’s hands. If they disregard their responsibility and put you at risk, you have the right to hold them accountable for their actions. Speak with Attorney Richard Rizk about how his experience and resources will provide you with legal service you deserve.
His first-hand experience with negligent drivers fuels his passion for helping others within his community seek justice and recover their losses. He understands the struggles and challenges after an accident and will do everything in his power to protect your rights. Call (503) 245-5677 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation today.