Portland Child Injury Lawyer
Children are known to get into trouble and suffer minor scrapes and bruises throughout their day. Their size and inexperience also make them more vulnerable to harmful accidents, leaving it up to adults to watch them and take precautions to prevent child injuries. Unfortunately, some individuals behave negligently and disregard rules, causing children to suffer injuries. Crossing a sidewalk or biking to school can turn dangerous when adults act recklessly.
If you are the legal guardian of a child suffering from debilitating injuries due to an accident, speak with Attorney Richard Rizk for information about receiving justice and monetary compensation. Our team of devoted and knowledgeable Rizk Law Portland child injury attorneys understands the pain and stress you, your child, and your family are going through and will provide highly-qualified legal services.
Who Is Liable for Child Injuries in Portland, Oregon?
When children suffer injuries from adult negligence, the person responsible is often either the individual who caused the accident or a supervisor watching over the child. If a child crosses the street and a driver looks down at their phone, the driver may inflict fatal injuries. Another example is in a daycare setting, where the lack of proper supervision may result in serious injuries.
When a child makes a mistake, the adults watching over them must take precautions to prevent accidents. Multiple people may be involved and responsible depending on the cause of your child’s accident. Your Portland child injury attorney will understand how to gather information and evidence showcasing the neglect and harmful behavior which resulted in your child’s injuries.
How Can a Personal Injury Affect Your Child’s Life?
When a child is injured, they might miss out on hobbies and activities they love; they may be unable to worry about their studies or simply be forced to spend time in the hospital. When considering an injury claim, it is crucial to consider these aspects of your child’s life. Not only are the injuries painful, but they force the child from influential and vital moments in their life. The accident may even cause long-term injuries and disabilities, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage
- Loss of limb
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Sprains and strains
A child who suffers a major injury from the negligence of another individual may have trouble focusing, lose their ability to communicate, and sometimes even require long-term medical care. At any stage in your child’s life, an injury will hinder their ability to enjoy activities with their peers. Sometimes, it may even hold your child back from academic success. With representation from an experienced lawyer, you may be able to recover monetary compensation for your child.
How Portland Child Injuries Occur
While children are commonly prone to accidents, not all are due to their actions. To pursue a child injury claim, you and your Portland child injury lawyer will need to determine the cause of the accident. Once you’ve confirmed the reason, you’ll better understand who’s responsible. The following are common causes of child injuries:
- Poor supervision: An adult cannot prevent an accident if a child is not supervised. It is important to remember that children can be distracted from their environments by toys, their favorite games, and other objects.
- Anger management issues: Children often find it challenging to focus on one subject for long. While it may be frustrating, adults working with children require patience and understanding. When anger management issues arise in the presence of children, the adult may seriously harm the child.
- Drugs and alcohol: Alcohol intoxication and drug use increase a person’s risk of injuring others due to their inability to control themselves.
- Disregarding rules: Bringing a weapon around children, releasing an untrained dog, and not stopping at a crosswalk in areas with high concentrations of children is extremely negligent and unlawful.
- Distractions: Fiddling with the radio, texting a friend, or even talking with a coworker may leave enough time for a child to suffer severe injuries. Adults must stay aware of their surroundings, especially in the presence of children, to prevent any injuries.
- Improper training: The lack of training for caretakers, teachers, and other individuals working with children is a major cause of child injuries. In these cases, it is common for more than one person to be held negligent for the injury.
For many legal guardians, navigating a child injury claim is painful and requires great effort to stay strong for your child. With legal representation, you can know someone is on your side, looking out for your family and doing everything they can to protect your child. Don’t hesitate to pursue legal justice for your child, and seek an experienced Portland child injury lawyer today.
Contact Rizk Law for an Experienced Portland Child Injury Lawyer
When you partner with our Rizk Law lawyers, you receive professional legal representation tailored to your needs. We understand that every accident is different and requires a thorough investigation. Our years of combined experience and devotion to protecting clients make us an excellent fit for individuals looking for hard-working and respected attorneys.