Gresham Hit and Run Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are stressful events, and they may be even more devastating if the at-fault driver flees the scene before vital information can be exchanged. This could leave car accident victims feeling unsure of what to do next if they were significantly injured. With an experienced Gresham hit and run lawyer, you may be able to recover complete compensation for accident-related losses, even if the at-fault driver is not identified.
The Rizk Law Gresham hit and run lawyers have tailored and proven strategies that help you recover the maximum compensation you are owed. With millions secured for car accident victims, we understand the losses you have sustained and the obstacles you may be facing after a hit and run accident. With attorney Richard Rizk’s insider experience in understanding insurer methods of defense allows us to stay ahead of insurers to bolster your chance of a successful outcome.
How Working With a Gresham Hit And Run Accident Lawyers May Help Your Claim
A quality Gresham hit and run lawyer understands the physical, emotional, and financial implications of suffering a hit and run accident. With our tailored and compassionate representation, we work to understand the impact the injuries have had on your daily life and build a robust claim to illustrate how recovering complete compensation may benefit your recovery. You should not have the financial burden of paying for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses if the hit and run accident was caused by another individual’s negligence.
If you have a valid claim, the Gresham hit and run accident attorneys can handle all aspects of your claim on your behalf, including:
- Assessing the details of your claim and offering legal guidance surrounding your best legal options moving forward
- Investigating the hit and run accident scene and analyzing evidence that may determine fault
- Working with field experts, such as medical professionals, to evaluate the extent of your injuries so you may recover the complete compensation you are owed
- Interviewing any eyewitnesses from the accident scene
- Determining whether it is attainable to locate the at-fault driver
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf to protect your best interests and obtain a fair settlement
We work tirelessly to build a robust claim for the highest recovery attainable for your hit and run accident case, utilizing all of our resources to fight for the justice you deserve, even if the driver is not identified.
Understanding Oregon Hit And Run Laws
In Oregon, fleeing the scene of an accident is illegal, as outlined in statute ORS 811.705. By law, drivers must stop and investigate if they suspect they have struck something. This includes calling law enforcement if you later learn or suspect your involvement in an accident resulting in an injury or fatality. Neglecting to act accordingly may result in a felony criminal charge for the driver.
The following are additional laws concerning hit and run accidents in Gresham:
- Statute ORS 811.700: In an accident involving only property damage, the driver must stop and exchange information with the other driver. The driver is required to attempt to locate the owner and notify them of the accident and leave contact information for unoccupied vehicles.
- Statute ORS 811.705: In an accident involving injuries, the driver is required to stop immediately and stay at the scene until dismissed. Additionally, they must provide insurance information, provide assistance in getting medical help, and cooperate with law enforcement.
- Statute ORS 811.706: Neglecting to follow Oregon hit and run laws may result in a criminal charge, costly fines, and jail time for hit and run drivers. The at-fault driver may also be legally accountable for paying monetary damages to the injured victim.
If the at-fault driver is identified after fleeing the scene of the accident, your Gresham hit and run accident lawyer will investigate all pertinent evidence to build a robust case on your behalf. If the driver cannot be identified, we may help you review your insurance policy to file a claim to obtain the maximum compensation you need. In either circumstance, we will tirelessly fight for your best interests.
Compensation Recoverable in a Successful Hit And Run Accident Claim
In a successful Gresham hit and run accident claim, you may recover compensatory damages with the help of the experienced Rizk Law lawyers. You may be eligible to obtain economic and non-economic losses, depending on the details of your accident. The compensation you may be eligible to recover in a successful hit and run claim includes the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damages
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Disability, impairment, scarring
- Loss of quality of life
It may be challenging to recover complete compensation depending on whether the at-fault driver is found. If the driver is not discovered, you may be able to seek compensation from your insurance company. If the driver is discovered but is uninsured, you can file a claim under your underinsured motorist coverage.
If the at-fault driver is found, you may file a claim with their insurance company. If your claim is successful, the insurance company may help compensate you for medical expenses, property damage, and other losses you suffered. Insurance companies often fight fault and make unfair settlement offers to protect their financial interests, including devaluing or denying a valid insurance claim.
Contact a Gresham Hit And Run Accident Lawyer
Hit and run accidents in Gresham may leave victims feeling helpless if they were injured in an accident and have no one to hold accountable. Leaving the scene of the accident is unlawful, and responsible parties should be brought to justice. Our Rizk Law lawyers have helped car accident victims secure millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for their suffering and will work tirelessly to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our dedicated Gresham hit and run accident attorneys provide a complimentary case evaluation. Call us today at (503) 245-5677 or fill out our contact form.