If your underage teen became addicted to nicotine or suffered other side effects after using a JUUL vape product, you may be eligible to pursue compensation.
JUUL, a leading company in the vape industry, makes e-cigarettes and other vaping products that contain dangerous levels of nicotine. Various e-cigarette lawsuits allege JUUL purposely targeted teens, deceptively advertising their vaping products as safer alternatives to traditional cigarettes.
Our Portland defective product attorneys at Rizk law are prepared to represent underage teens and young adults now struggling with a nicotine addiction as the result of these products.
Our firm operates on contingency, which means there are no upfront fees for our services. We are not paid unless our clients receive compensation.
Call Rizk Law to get started today. Ph: 503.245.5677
Do I Have a JUUL Case?
There are many factors that can determine whether you may be eligible to pursue a JUUL e-cigarette lawsuit. To help us determine if you may have a case, our attorneys need to understand more about your experience with JUUL. It costs nothing to meet with one of our qualified lawyers to learn about your legal options. However, there is limited time to file a claim.
Here are some of the details we need to know about:
- How did you first learn about JUUL vape products (through friends, social media, etc.)?
- When did you begin using JUUL products?
- What JUUL products did you use and how often?
- How long did you use JUUL products? (Months? Years?)
- Did you know that JUUL products contained nicotine?
- Did you think JUUL products were safer than smoking cigarettes?
- When did you realize your nicotine addiction?
- What medical conditions or injuries did you suffer after using these products?
- How have these injuries and your nicotine addiction impacted your ability to live your life?
- Can you provide copies of your medical records to support your injury claims?
- When did you stop using JUUL vape products?
- Are you using any vape products, including other brands, today?
Some people use a journal to document this information ahead of time. This task may seem tedious, but accurately recorded information can help support your potential claim and help us to help you. People often forget key details if they do not write them down.
Learn if you may have a case. Call: 503.245.5677
What is My JUUL Case Worth?
The value of your case is dependent on the extent of your injuries, unique experience and other contributing factors. However, if we determine that you do have a valid case, these are the types of damages you may be able to receive compensation for:
- Medical costs for past care, as well as for existing or future expenses related to your injuries
- Treatment costs for your nicotine addiction
- Pain and suffering damages, depression, emotional distress and other psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- And more
How May I Benefit from Hiring an Attorney?
Defective products cases are extremely challenging and can leave an injured victim with more questions than answers. At Rizk Law, our attorneys have extensive knowledge of the law and how it may apply to your specific case. Large companies, like JUUL, often have a team of attorneys, making it that much harder for any one victim to face alone.
Our attorneys are also prepared to take numerous steps to investigate and build a strong case on your behalf. This may include:
- Researching the health risks of using JUUL products
- Advising you on how to accurately document your injuries
- Helping you to gather evidence that supports your claim
- Reviewing your medical records
- Handling communications with third parties on your behalf
- Keeping you fully informed throughout the legal process
- Fighting to negotiate maximum compensation for your damages
- Utilizing medical experts as needed
- Preparing to go to trial, if necessary
Can I File a Claim on Behalf of My Minor Child?
The parents or legal guardians of a minor child impacted by the use of JUUL products may be eligible to pursue a claim on his or her behalf.
To learn if you may have a valid case, it is important to speak with one of our attorneys as soon as possible. This initial consultation enables us to give you the answers you need without obligation or cost.
Risks Associated With Using JUUL and Other Vape Products
There are multiple health risks related to the use of JUUL and other vape products:
- JUUL products contain dangerous levels of nicotine – several times higher than if you smoked a traditional cigarette.
- Vape products deliver nicotine directly into a user’s bloodstream making it easier to become addicted.
- Nicotine is both a carcinogen and a toxic chemical associated with multiple health problems, including damages to the cardiovascular system, lungs, reproductive system, kidneys and more.
- Adolescent brains, which are still developing, can suffer lasting damage from nicotine.
- JUUL products expose users to various harmful chemicals, such as acrolein (a chemical found in weed killers), formaldehyde and acetaldehyde. These chemicals, among others, are known to cause asthma and other serious damages to the lungs and other organs.
- Vape products may also contain nitrosamines, a chemical linked to cancer.
Allegations Being Filed Against JUUL
JUUL claims now that it does not want young people or non-nicotine users to buy its products. However, prior to November 2018, the company is accused of purposely targeting young adults and underage teens to use their nicotine products.
Hundreds of pending lawsuits allege that JUUL:
- Knew, but failed to disclose their products were more, not less dangerous than traditional cigarettes
- Knew their products quickly deliver more potent amounts of nicotine into the bloodstream
- Was aware the use of their products could worsen an existing nicotine addiction, or lead to one
- Knew about the hazardous side effects or health risks
- Purposely used deceptive marketing to target a young and underage market through the use of social media, fun flavors and trendy packaging
- Misrepresented their products as a means to help cigarette smokers to quit
Contact Rizk Law to Learn if You May Have a JUUL Case
Manufacturers are required to inform the public about any risks associated with the use of their products.
JUUL had a duty of care to warn consumers of the harmful chemicals in their products that could cause irreversible damage. JUUL was also obligated to inform consumers about the amount of nicotine in their products and the potential for causing, or worsening, nicotine addiction.
Our experienced lawyers at Rizk Law are committed to holding manufacturers accountable for their dangerous products. We are prepared to fight for maximum compensation on your behalf for your injuries and other losses. Our consultation is completely free, with no obligation to you. If we determine you may have a case and you hire our services, there are no costs or fees to pay up front. We do not get paid unless you do.
Rizk Law. Trusted legal help when you need it. 503.245.5677