Five Reasons Insurers Fight Injury Claims
Posted on behalf of RizkLaw on Jul 24, 2014 in Personal Injury
- No immediate treatment: Waiting for to treat gives the insurer an opportunity to argue that “you waited to treat because the injury was not significant”.
- Lots of prior claims: A few bad eggs fake injury claims for a living. So, a pattern of injury claims raises suspicion.
- Financial motivation to falsify: Persons with bad credit, lots of outstanding bills or past recent bankruptcy, in an insurer’s view, are under financial pressure to falsify a claim.
- Prior or subsequent injury: A prior or subsequent injury is an opportunity for an insurer to shift blame.
- Exaggeration: Credibility is king. Nothing guts credibility like exaggeration of injury. Juries hate it too.